The Professional Development Director organises a guest speaker to attend some of our meetings to speak about their area of interest of expertise.
Guest speakers who have visited our club include:
- Tenille King, Past District Rotaract Representative - Tenille spoke about roles within a Rotaract Club, opportunities available to members, promoting a club and resources and support that can be accessed.
- Janet & Soph, Ballina SES Unit - Janet and Soph talked about emergency preparedness and recommended homes have an emergency kit and what should be in them (more details).
- Andrew Doherty, Financial Planning - Andrew gave tips to members about financial planning.
- Karen, Hope Haven Refuge - Karen spoke about the vital work the refuge does with women and children in crisis.
- Renee Passell, Do You See What I See? - Renee spoke about education for women in disadvantaged countries.
Training & Conferences
Five members of the Club participated in Responsible Service of Alcohol training in March 2016. This was made possible through a donation from the Rotary Club of Ballina-on-Richmond, so that Rotaract members could help support Rotary in their annual Fine Wine & Food Festival.
Incoming President Sara Hayes attended President Elect training in Adelaide in June 2016. It was a great opportunity for Sara to develop a strategic plan for the year.
Four members attended the annual Australian Rotaract Conference in Brisbane in October 2016. All enjoyed the experience, keynote speakers and networking with other Rotaractors from around the country.
Three members attended Rotaract Multi-District Training in July 2017, coordinated by Ballina-Richmond member Sara Hayes, the 2017/2018 District Rotaract Representative.
Another element of professional development for the Club is watching various TED talks, including: